Last Friday, I attended the junket for next week’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. I’ll have a full write-up of the best moments from the press conference for you in the next few days, but I wanted to pull out one quote specifically that I think might get a lot of people talking.
Star Megan Fox wasn’t afraid to mince words about her feelings on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle “haters” who have been hitting comment sections and message boards saying that this new movie is ruining their childhood. When asked about these people, here’s what Fox had to say:
Let me tell you something about those people: how much money did Transformers 4 make? Exactly. Those people who complain? They all go to the theater. They’re gonna love it, and if they don’t love it, they can fuck off.
Wow. Tell us how you really feel, why don’t you? Well, I’m sure this statement won’t cause any vile, sexist, misogynist comments to pop up across the interwebs. But hey – regardless of what you think about the “f off” comment, she does have a point: Transformers: Age of Extinction was a giant heaping turd of a movie, and though pretty much everyone knew it was going to be terrible (and early reviews confirmed it), the movie has already made over a billion dollars worldwide. So the haters most certainly do like to pay money to see the things they hate, just to confirm that they actually hate them.
Where do you come down on this whole thing? Do you think the new TMNT movie is going to destroy your childhood? Are you planning to see it anyway? And what do you think about Fox’s comment? Let us know below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014