The 23 Jump Street and Men in Black crossover is one of the most interesting projects in development in the entertainment industry right now. Mainly because it seems like the combination of two franchises that NO one would have even thought to combine beforehand, I think. But it’s also something just crazy enough to possibly work as well.
With director James Bobin at the helm as well, who’s no stranger to putting the absurd onscreen, the film crossover seems like it has a legitimate chance at being pulled off well. Or at the very least, being an interesting-enough disaster to go and see.
Now, during the Sony press conference at this year’s CinemaCon in Las Vegas, the studio has announced the title of the crossover film to be MIB 23. Which again, seems just strange enough to work.
There’s still no word on what the film’s plot or story could be, though I have a feeling it might have to do with the MIB agents running across Jenko and Schmidt and maybe some mind-erasing business going on between the two duos. Though, that could just be hopeful thinking on my part at the same time.
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will be reprising their roles in the crossover, while younger actors are expected to be stepping in for Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. Phil Lord and Chris Miller will remain involved as producers as well, and as of right now, while the idea seems just batshit crazy, it could end up being the kind of batshit crazy that made the first two Jump Street movies so entertaining in the first place. At least, I’m hoping it will be.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016