If you’re not familiar with Red Nose Day, I’ll give you the shorthand: originated in UK by the nonprofit organization Comic Relief, Red Nose Day’s campaign is “dedicated to raising money for children and young people living in poverty by simply having fun and making people laugh. Since the very first RND 30 years ago, Comic Relief has raised over £1 billion ($1.6 billion US)…and that is certainly nothing to sneeze at.
Here’s a quick peek at what RND’s been up to over the last 30 years…and yes, you WILL recognize quite a few US actors/performers giving their time!
And this year, the U.S. is joining the comedy fray on Thursday, May 21st by kicking off their 3-hour inaugural RND show with a BANG!
How big of a bang? Check out Peter Dinklage belting out how Tyrion is “Still Going Strong” after five seasons in the Coldplay-penned “Game of Thrones: The Musical.”
When is this guy NEVER NOT a friggin’ rock star?! #TeamTyrion, people. TEAM. TYRION.
For more information about the history of Red Nose Day and how you can help, be sure to check out their official website — and if you find yourself watching this Thursday night at 8pm on NBC, let us know what you thought!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015