In case you hadn’t already noticed, director Michael Bay and the rest of the film’s actors and crew haven’t just been busy actually shooting next year’s Transformers: The Last Knight, but they’ve also been quite busy promoting it and all of its new upgrades as well. Including the various new car models and brands that fans can look forward to seeing in the film, with Bumblebee’s new look, Barricade’s new look, and more.
Now, Bay has revealed the new car that Drift will be transforming into as well in the film to be a Mercedes-Benz GT R, an upgrade from his previous 2013 Bugatti Veyron in Transformers: Age of Extinction:
— Michael Bay (@michaelbay) July 1, 2016
According to the photo and caption as well, it looks like Drift will be returning with his samurai style still intact, and that probably means all of the stereotypical aspects of the character will return as well. Because a Decepticon turned Autobot isn’t cool enough as it is, he needs a gimmick to help him out too, of course.
The transformers aren’t the only ones returning in the film though, as humans Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, and Josh Duhamel are all confirmed to be returning in the new movie as well, with the poor, but paid well Anthony Hopkins set to appear in The Last Knight also. Bay has previously promised that this will be his last time directing in the franchise also, because one can only hope for something so much before it comes true…. right?
Transformers: The Last Knight is set to hit theatres on June 23rd, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016