The upcoming spin-off of last year’s The Lego Movie has cast a new voice in, conceivably, one of its most important roles: the Boy Wonder.
According to THR, actor Michael Cera (“Arrested Development,” This Is The End) will be providing the voice of Batman’s partner, Robin, alongside the returning Will Arnett as Batman from The Lego Movie. The film will reportedly be a celebration of Batman’s entire history, paying homage to his iterations from the comics, the television series, the films of Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, and Christopher Nolan, as well as his notable animated incarnations. The film will be produced by the shepherds of the Lego cinematic brand: Dan Lin, Phil Lord, and Chris Miller. It will be directed by Chris McKay, who served on The Lego Movie as the animation supervisor.
This won’t be Batman’s first appearance in Lego form outside of the first Lego Movie, as there have been three dedicated video game experiences in the Lego Batman series. There, Batman is voiced by Troy Baker. While the current film doesn’t have an official title yet, it’s already been scheduled for a release in early 2017.
The Lego cinematic franchise doesn’t end there, either, as Warner Bros. is developing both a direct sequel to The Lego Movie that will be out in May of 2018, as well as Lego Ninjago, which will bow in September of next year. Jason Segel and Drew Pearce are also slated to co-write and direct a different Lego spin-off project, which is entitled Billion Brick Race.
The Lego Batman movie will be released on February 10th, 2017. For more on the film as it take shape, kep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015