I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Peyton Reed has been hired to direct Marvel’s Ant-Man, following a couple of weeks of speculation and behind-the-scenes drama after Edgar Wright left the project. But before Reed was officially brought on by the studio, star Michael Douglas (who will play Hank Pym in the film) offered some comments about Wright’s departure. Check out the video (via Schmoes Know) below:
As to be expected from a veteran like Douglas, he praises Wright without badmouthing anyone involved. Classy dude.
While I’m not familiar with all of Peyton Reed’s work, he’s in a really tough situation here. Fans obviously wanted to see Wright’s take on this story since he’d spent so long developing it, so I’m guessing a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they see that the director of Yes Man has been brought on to direct a geek property. But I’ve surprisingly seen a lot of positive talk about this hiring from people I trust and respect who have been covering this industry for a long time. While fans who might not know Reed’s work could probably look at his filmography and blow him off (and some already are), I think it’s best to reserve judgment until we see what he and writer Adam McKay can pull together here. No, it won’t be Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man. But there’s a chance it could still turn out to be a good movie, and ultimately that’s what we’re all here to see, right?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014