If you’ve been reading film or pop culture blogs for the past few years, you’re surely familiar with the work put out by Mondo. The Texas-based company specializes in pop culture art and has become a dominant force in the subculture of poster-collecting. (We featured some of their artwork on the site recently with Kevin Tong’s Gravity print.
Now Mondo is featuring a new series of posters that center on the work of an actor/director that seems to be on everyone’s minds these days: Ben Affleck. The soon-to-be-Batman has directed three feature films thus far (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo), and Mondo has collaborated with some excellent artists to immortalize Affleck’s films on printed posters. Says Affleck:
I’ve always loved Mondo and their passion for film, as well as their talented stable of artists. I was initially drawn by their ability to offer a unique perspective on so many beloved films and am thrilled to see my films become the newest additions to their work.
The posters go on sale at a random time on December 9th, and you’ll have to follow @MondoNews on Twitter to find out when. Be quick, though – these things often sell out within minutes of their initial posting. Check out the images, and find out info on the artists and how much each print costs below:
Artist: Daniel Danger
Size: 24 x 36
Edition Size: 390 regular, 160 variant
Price: $45 regular, $70 variant
Artist: Matthew Woodson
Size: 24″ x 36″
Edition Size: 290
GONE BABY GONE
Artist: Adam Simpson
Size: 24″ x 36″
Edition Size: 235
Let us know which poster you like best in the comments below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014