Well, well…looks like adventure will definitely be afoot once again for our intrepid duo.
Just because we won’t see hide nor hair of Holmes and Watson until late 2015 (sob!) with a “Sherlock” Christmas special followed by the customary three episode fourth season (or series, as the Brits call it), that doesn’t mean that co-creator Mark Gatiss (a.k.a. Mycroft Holmes) can’t stir the curiosity pot juuuust a little.
But first – let me take you back to that final moment in Season 3 (SPOILER ALERT!):
While speaking with Radio Times, Gatiss said “you can always expect tragedy as well as adventure,” and that the one-off Christmas special will “completely solve the mystery of Moriarty’s [brilliantly played by Andrew Scott] return.”
HOWEVER…if you’re a fan of the books, Gatiss wants you to know that just because something happened in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s pages DOESN’T mean it’ll play out the same way on the show.
Just because it’s in the stories doesn’t mean it’ll happen in the series because there’s an awful lot of changes and an awful lot of places to go and things to do. It should be clear by now that while, of course, Doyle is our absolute god, we have gone quite a long way away as well…so there are lots of surprises to come.
So while there will be tragedy, don’t make any assumptions – you know that old saying about what happens when you assume, right? Much like “Game of Thrones,” deviation from source material is expected in order to keep readers and non-readers on the edge of their seats. I mean, if you already know what’s going to happen, why bother?
And since we have an ENTIRE YEAR to debate all this, I’d love to hear your thoughts and predictions!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015