The Martian is quickly becoming one of the most anticipated sci-fi film without the words “Star” or “Wars” in its title in the past few years. With the movie promising to not only be an entertaining Fall blockbuster, but also possibly the project to kick start director Ridley Scott’s career again, it’s hard not to be hopeful that The Martian will at least match our expectations. Combine that with the movie’s beloved source material by Andy Weir, and an adaptation by skilled screenwriter, Drew Goddard, and we might just have a serious sci-fi hitter on our hands here.
However, with the book’s depiction of both life in space, and life on Mars praised for its enthralling story, it’s not hard to imagine that all you space nuts out there might either love or hate the movie’s depiction of the adventure. But for those of you who have always dreamed of possibly going to Mars, this one’s for you.
NASA is officially offering normal every day citizens a chance to send their names to Mars on the InSight Lander. Each person’s name will be etched onto a silicon chip aboard the lander, which is scheduled to launch in February 2016 and land on the Red Planet about seven months later. The only opportunity to send your name into space after this twill be in 2018 too, so you might not want to miss out on this one. You’ll have till September 8th to send in your name, and for more details, click here.
And speaking of The Martian – in case you needed any more motivation, Matt Damon himself is doing it:
The Martian is set to be released in theatres on October 2nd.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016