Fans of geek god Nathan Fillion will undoubtedly be familiar with the actor’s work for director James Gunn. On the film side of things, Fillion starred in Slither and had a small role in Super, and now it appears he may have a role in the upcoming Marvel film Guardians of the Galaxy, too.
ComingSoon points us to a YouTube video from user Jamie K, who attended St. Louis Comic Con and uploaded a “Firefly” panel conversation with Fillion and the cast of Joss Whedon’s cancelled-too-soon cult TV series. During a Q&A session with the fans near the end of the panel, someone asks Fillion if he wanted a role in Guardians of the Galaxy, and the actor had a very interesting response:
The fact that we’re going to have to check the credits for his name seems to imply that he’ll be under heavy makeup (considering the film’s setting, we’re guessing he’ll play an alien of some kind), or perhaps he’ll have a quick cameo like Stephen Colbert did in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I’ve never read a Guardians comic book, so the film will be the first time I get to experience that particular cast of characters, but for those of you who are hardcore Guardians fans, is there a particular character in that universe that you think would be a great fit for Fillion? We’ll find out how that shakes out on August 1st, 2014.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014