Looks like NBC is not satisfied with just ONE Peter Pan show (their upcoming live broadcast of Peter Pan with “Girls” star Allison Williams in the titular role and a terrifying-looking Christopher Walken as Captain Hook airs in December). News comes down the wire that the network has ordered a “modern day, half-hour sitcom” based on the boy who wouldn’t grow up and the girl he loves.
Entertainment Weekly reports that NBC has given a script commitment to “Wendy And Peter,” about a woman who wants to fall in love with the right man but ends up falling in love with the opposite – a guy who (you guessed it) isn’t quite ready to be a grown-up just yet.
Inspired by writer/executive producer and Super Troopers co-star Marisa Coughlan’s own life, “Wendy and Peter” is also executive produced by Le Train Train – the production company owned by actors Will McCormack (“In Plain Sight”) and Rashida Jones (“Parks And Recreation”) – who’ve had success with getting the new rom-com “A To Z” on NBC as well.
This sounds all well and good, but it smells a little TOO familiar for my liking, considering the webseries hit “The New Adventures Of Peter And Wendy” starring Paula Rhodes (“The League” “Monster High”) and Kyle Walters (“Welcome To Sanditon”) pretty much nailed the “Peter and The Darlings in a modern-day setting” premise.
As far as I’m concerned, NBC should have bought THIS show.
What do you guys think? Happy? Sad? In need of pizza?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015