Bill Murray is one of those rare comedians that seems to be liked by the vast majority of audiences. In a pretty subjective art form, Murray has managed to cultivate a very devoted following over the course of his long career, which may be partially due to the fact that he’s not constantly visible. Now, though, we’ll be able to ring in “the most wonderful time of the year” by seeing the man himself.
According to THR, popular streaming service Netflix has just announced the existence of “A Very Murray Christmas,” a special starring the comedian that is, “an homage to the classic variety show featuring Bill Murray playing himself.” The special takes place in New York City’s Carlyle Hotel off of Madison Avenue. A terrible snowstorm has gripped the city, and Murray is worried that no one will make it to be able to tape the special. It’s expected to feature guest stars like George Clooney, Chris Rock, Paul Shaffer, Maya Rudolph, Michael Cera, Rashida Jones, Miley Cyrus, and more that they’re currently keeping under wraps.
The special will be written by Murray, along with Sofia Coppola and Mitch Glazer, and will be directed by Coppola. While it doesn’t have a premiere date yet, it can likely be expected near the end of the year. See the brief teaser below.
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015