Turns out this show was only MOSTLY dead.
Just like Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, Victor Crowley, and Freddy Kruger, AMC’s “The Killing” has joined their ranks as “the thing that wouldn’t die,” and proof of this comes courtesy of Netflix.
After being cancelled last year after season 2, AMC and Netflix had a little sitdown which resulted in the show being brought back for season 3 (which aired this summer to decent ratings) THEN cancelled again this last September.
That should’ve been it, right? NOPE.
Netflix refused to sign the DNR on this show and has given it something most cancelled shows don’t get: a chance to end the show properly with a six-episode final season…and yes, showrunner Veena Sud is part of the deal.
Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix said, “The rich, serialized storytelling in The Killing thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) a proper send off. We are looking forward to offering fans — both existing and new — a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing.”
Admittedly, I’ve never seen an episode but Netflix has some serious mojo when it comes to turning shows into cult classics and bringing in new fans…I had never watched “Breaking Bad” (AMC) or “Sons Of Anarchy” (FX) until a couple of sick days and housesitting for friends who don’t have cable made me a binge-watching fan of both shows.
Not sure when the fourth (and final) season of “The Killing” will pop on Netflix but my guess is most likely next summer.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015