Ever since the second season of Marvel’s Daredevil was released on Netflix earlier this year, Marvel fans everywhere have been waiting with eager anticipation for news regarding the already-announced Punisher solo series, which will focus entirely on Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle, the fan-favorite character introduced in season 2 of the Defenders series. It looks like, just because things have been quiet though, doesn’t mean things haven’t been moving along nicely for the series.
Following the recent news that Westworld cast member Ben Barnes would be playing the show’s lead villain, the crime boss Bobby Saint, some new rumors and reports indicate that The Punisher standalone show may already be or be preparing to enter into principal photography.
The news comes courtesy of New York Comic-Con, after the convention revealed that Jon Bernthal’s schedule at the convention in October would be taken down to only two days, due to conflicts with his Netflix filming schedule:
— New York Comic Con (@NY_Comic_Con) September 21, 2016
I imagine that we would have heard about the show already if it were about to begin production, but at the same time, being secretive is something that Marvel has gotten very good at, both in their television and film divisions. Either way, we’re just going to hope that whatever this does actually mean, we won’t have to wait as long for The Punisher as the lack of news had seemed to indicate over the past few months.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016