A couple of weeks ago, we put a spotlight on a cool new animated short from “Batman: The Animated Series” director Bruce Timm called “Strange Days,” which featured The Dark Knight going head to head against the nefarious Hugo Strange in honor of Batman’s 75th anniversary. In that piece, we mentioned that another animated Batman short was on the way, and over the weekend it premiered at WonderCon in Anaheim.
The short, which is online for free now, hails from Darwyn Cooke, the comic book writer/artist who worked as a storyboard artist on a handful of episodes of the awesome “Batman Beyond” animated series in the late ’90s. Cooke’s newest incarnation of the characters sees Terry McGinnis (voiced by Will Friedle) and the elderly Bruce Wayne (voiced by Kevin Conroy) in the Batcave when a mysterious version of Batman comes down looking for trouble. Check it out below:
Pretty rad, huh? I love the image of a decrepit Wayne suiting up with that utility belt and preparing to kick some ass. Not exactly what you’d expect from an old man, but then again, this isn’t just any old man we’re talkin’ about: this guy used to be freakin’ Batman. In any case, this video should spark a fan campaign to resurrect “Batman Beyond” because that’s one of the few shows that’s built on the premise of an existing superhero mythology in an interesting and exciting way.
What do you think about this short?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014