Production on Fast 8 is currently underway around the world, with some heavily-teased filming going on in Iceland right now, as well as chase sequences being filmed in New York City right now as well. The movie, which is set to be directed by Straight Outta Compton‘s F. Gary Gray, will reunite a majority of the cast from Furious 7 along with some notable new members including Game of Thrones‘ Kristofer Hivju, Charlize Theron, Helen Mirren, Scott Eastwood, and more.
One of the team members set to return as well is Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s Hobbs as well, a character who, in my opinion, has been one of the biggest reasons for the franchise’s resurgence ever since his debut in Fast Five back in 2011.
However, it looks like Hobbs may find himself in a tough position once again in the new film, as The Rock teased on his Instagram today:
Okay, just a bit of a pro tip here, if you’re going to lock The Rock up in chains, you’re gonna need some thicker chains to do it, because it honestly looks like he could break those like toothpicks.
Considering that Hobbs has always been the law enforcer of the films, even when he’s been working with Dom and his crew, it’s hard not to wonder why he might end up in some orange overalls in the film film. If it’ll be a plant like in some of the previous films, or if he’s actually locked up in prison. Luckily, we’ll only have to wait until April 2017 to wait and find out.
Fast 8 is set to hit theatres on April 14th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016