Following some minimal reveals at Star Wars Celebration last week, I think a lot of Star Wars fans were hoping for some more cool new tidbits revealed from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. While the lack of panels and anyone really from the film discredits any huge announcements, especially considering how close in time the two conventions are, at least one new thing from the film has been revealed in San Diego this week.
The new character, named Edrio Two Tubes is according to the Star Wars Facebook Page, a Tognath from Yar Togna, a planet conquered by the Empire. In the film, Edrio and his eggmate Benthic have allied themselves with Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker) to strike back at the Empire.
Check out the image of Edrio below (via Comicbook.com):
It’s hard to know for sure how large of a role Edrio will actually have in the film, if it will be sizable, or minor like some of the other alien characters that were revealed before The Force Awakens came out. Nonetheless, with both this and the sizzle reel released last week, the film’s heavy focus on makeup and practical effects is not necessarily surprising, but comforting nonetheless.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is set to hit theatres on December 16th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016