Fans went nuts for the recent, second official trailer for Rogue One – A Star Wars Story, which not only offered their first glimpse of Darth Vader in the film, but also included a whole lot more insight into the film’s story and group of characters as well. Now, with only a few more months to go until its theatrical release in December, a brand new international trailer for the movie has been released, which only features a few more second of footage than the more recent trailer.
However, it does have one very interesting reveal packed into those brief few seconds of footage, which not only gives more insight into the inciting incident of the movie, but also why Felicity Jones’ Jyn Erso is hand-picked for the mission as well.
Check out the new trailer for yourself below:
This fits in line with what we know about Jyn’s father, Galen, who is set to be played by Mads Mikkelsen in the movie. The character is apparently a kind of scientist in the Star Wars universe, responsible for the creation of a kind of technology that caused the Empire to take him prisoner and help implement it into the Death Star plans.
With him being the one to leak the plans to the Rebels though, he not only is directly responsible for the events in the Original Trilogy, but this also explains why Jyn might have been chosen by the Rebels to lead the film’s central mission.
Rogue One is set to hit theatres on December 16th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016