Following the release of a Darth Maul-centric short film last week, a new Star Wars short film has surfaced online called Star Wars: Exile, taking place in the time between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and following a group of Jedis who are being hunted by Darth Vader and his Inquisitor.
Co-produced and directed by Pokey Spears (Inquisitor) and Noel Braham (Makal), Exile utilizes familiar character archetypes and even planets already existing in the universe like Lothal from Rebels, the short film is an ambitious one, and considering the likely shoestring budget it was made under, it’s pretty damn impressive actually.
Check out Star Wars Exile below:
Is it bad that I found this Inquisitor more intimidating than any of the ones I’ve seen on Rebels so far?
The cinematography and visual effects are really, really well done here, and unlike most Star Wars related fan films, the writing and acting is pretty solid. Considering it just came out just a few months after The Force Awakens as well, Exile is just even more proof of how alive the Star Wars community has become again. If this is the kind of fun, fan content we can look forward to in the coming years as well, then sign me up.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016