With most of the Star Wars the Force Awakens news, it’s really been all about the teasers, the trailers and now even the new TV spots. And then there’s JJ Abrams talking all about Force Awakens and how it connects to director Rian Johnson’s Episode VIII. All this to say, isn’t it great being a Star Wars fan?
And now, with these new Force Awakens theatre banners, you know what I couldn’t help notice? WE ARE ALMOST ONE MONTH AWAY FROM ITS RELEASE!
Sorry. Let me compose myself.
As you can see, I’m a lot excited. I mean, I host Far, Far Away on this very site, for gosh sake. Star Wars is my jam. With all that being said, I do feel like we are getting precariously close to revealing TOO MUCH. Now that the TV spots have popped up, we are on the last leg. Disney is the stuff of dreams to be sure, but when it comes to their marketing arm, it can become tricky – see: Avengers: Age of Ultron. Arguably, the entire movie was almost ruined in those endless TV spots and behind the scenes featurettes. That is really my only concern here with Star Wars; I don’t want to have it all given away before I’m sitting in the theatre.
All that aside, there is still a lot to get excited about. For instance, things that DON’T ruin anything is another look at our three main characters from the movie. Thanks to a heads up from Comic Book, we have here a theatre banner for Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren. Feast your eyes…
Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens will be released world wide on December 18th, 2015.
Make sure you check back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mark Reilly (see all)
- Charlize Theron in Talks to Join ‘Fast 8’ as Villain - February 9, 2016
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Has Already Been Written - February 9, 2016
- Where’s Dory? New Disney/Pixar Posters Revealed for ‘Finding Dory’ - February 9, 2016
- Ava DuVernay Offered ‘Wrinkle in Time’ & Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Lupita Nyong’o - February 8, 2016
- GALLERY: Artists Re-Imagine ‘Star Wars’ in the Most Amazing Ways - February 8, 2016