I’m what you might call a Michael Bay apologist. Generally speaking, the guy makes pretty dumb blockbusters for mass audiences (although I legitimately think there’s a lot more going on in Pain & Gain than many gave it credit for), and the man can compose one hell of a gorgeous camera shot. That artistry is on full display in this brand new trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction, along with the same kind of mechanized chaos you’re used to seeing from this franchise. Also, Dinobots. Watch it below:
Even though there is 100% more Kelsey Grammer in this film than the other Transformers movies, there’s likely not a lot here that will convince you to get excited about this franchise if you aren’t already a fan. What, like the presence of dinosaur-robot hybrids is going to be the thing that pulls you in? This is more of a shout-out to longtime fans of the toys, and it’s fine with me – it gives Bay a chance to go back to the kind of massive moviemaking he’s known for, and will hopefully build him either A) enough cash or B) enough goodwill with Paramount that he’ll be able to make a couple more smaller films along the lines of Pain & Gain before he jumps off the deep end into another huge project again.
I’d love to hear what you guys think about this trailer. On your way to the comment section, be sure to check out some character posters for the movie.
Transformers: Age of Extinction opens on June 27th, 2014, and stars Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing and T.J. Miller.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014