People who closely follow the world of video games are probably aware that Bungie, the company that created the iconic Halo franchise, is hard at work on a brand new science fiction game that they hope will inspire players to play with their friends for hundreds of hours. It’s called Destiny, and I’ll let them describe it far better than I could in their development video below:
Pretty cool, right? The game shares an aesthetic with Halo, for sure, and it seems like there’s a tiny bit of Skynet potential going on with the whole “things could happen in this game that we don’t control” element. But they’re blazing new trails, so give ’em props for that.
But the trailer we wanted to feature today is a more traditional one. Directed by Iron Man helmer Jon Favreau, this early look at the game stars “Breaking Bad” actor Giancarlo Esposito. Check it out:
That dude has such an awesome voice. Even though it comes from Rudyard Kipling’s famous literary work “The Jungle Book,” the line “The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack” seems engineered specifically to sound cool. With a lesser actor reading it, this wouldn’t be nearly as effective, but Esposito’s badass reading just gets us excited about playing this game. Well done, Bungie. This could be a big hit, and we’re looking forward to seeing some real gameplay at E3 this year.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014