Putting box office numbers aside for the moment, when I think of the biggest blockbusters of Summer 2013, I think of Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Hangover Part III, and Pacific Rim. There are others, to be sure, but those are the main contenders in my mind. Well, the marketing departments at Disney and 20th Century Fox are out to change that perception, releasing brand new trailers for their own summer entries The Lone Ranger and The Wolverine.
First up, The Lone Ranger. Previous trailers have focused primarily on Johnny Depp’s Tonto character (he is one of the biggest stars in the world, after all), and this one gives a little more face time to Armie Hammer as the title character. I like both of those actors, and Gore Verbinski is a solid director, so hopefully he delivers something that lives up to the hype when the film comes out on July 3rd.
Next, we have a new trailer for The Wolverine. This is easily the best trailer this film has released so far, putting a much greater emphasis on the story and how Logan’s choice to remove his immortality comes back to haunt him. It’s definitely a more character-driven piece than the previous X-Men movies, and having seen an early look at some of the footage (which I can’t really talk about yet), I’m cautiously optimistic.
What do you guys think of these new trailers? Sound off in the comments below.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014