Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may not have been met with the glowing reception Warner Bros. had hoped for, but critics and fans alike seemed united on the subject of Gal Gadot’s portrayal of Diana Prince, better known to comic book fans as Wonder Woman. Gadot’s charisma is undeniable, and one of my favorite moments in the film was seeing her get flung hundreds of yards by Doomsday, only to shake it off with a smirk and charge back into the fray. That one shot just completely encompasses the character’s personality, and I can’t wait to see more from her.
Of course, we won’t have to wait long: a Wonder Woman solo film is headed to theaters next year, and Warner Bros. is bringing Gadot to the massive Hall H stage at Comic-Con next week as part of their annual presentation. It seems likely that we’ll get our very first trailer during the convention, and to get you hyped up for it, we have some brand new images from Wonder Woman, courtesy of the folks over at Entertainment Weekly.
Wonder Woman is directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster) and features an impressive cast that also includes Chris Pine (Star Trek), Robin Wright (Netflix’s House of Cards), Danny Huston (Clash of the Titans), David Thewlis (the Harry Potter films), Ewen Bremner (Exodus: Gods and Kings), Saïd Taghmaoui (American Hustle), Elena Anaya (The Skin I Live In), Connie Nielsen (Gladiator) and Lucy Davis (Shaun of the Dead).
Wonder Woman will open in theaters on June 2, 2017.
Latest posts by Brent Hankins (see all)
- Which Characters Will Daenerys Targaryen Meet in ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7? - October 16, 2016
- Marvel Chief Says ‘Sky’s the Limit’ At Box Office - October 15, 2016
- ‘Doctor Strange’ Aims To Not Overstay Its Welcome - October 15, 2016
- ‘The Defenders’ Adds Sigourney Weaver as a Villain - October 9, 2016
- Finn Jones is a Living Weapon in First ‘Iron Fist’ Trailer - October 9, 2016