Oh man, you guys! I’m excited about this news. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds are set to release their fifteenth studio album in just a few months. FIFTEENTH! That’s some prolificness (sure it’s a word!).
I’ve been a fan of Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds since first hearing Red Right Hand on his classic album Let Love In some seventeen years ago.
It was the combination of that album and his cameos in the Wim Wenders classics Wings Of Desire and Far Away, So Close that cemented me as a fan.
Since their 2008 release Dig, Lazarus Dig!, I’ve done my best to patiently wait for new material. I mean, sure, there are a lot of albums to choose from their discography that has spanned the past three decades, but I want more!
Hell, I can’t really fault the man. He’s been busy, after all, with his other band Grinderman (which I’ve never fully gotten into), his venture into film scoring with composing partner Warren Ellis for projects including The Road, The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford, The Proposition and Lawless and writing movies (he penned the script for those last two films I mentioned!).
But finally, dear friends, the announcement just hit that he has once again teamed up with Warren Ellis and the rest of The Bad Seeds and their fifteenth studio album Push The Sky Away will drop (as the kids say) on February 18th of next year! The album will be available for pre-order beginning December 3rd so get on over to www.nickcave.com for all the pertinent details!
“I enter the studio with a handful of ideas, unformed and pupal; it’s the Bad Seeds that transform them into things of wonder. Ask anyone who has seen them at work. They are unlike any other band on earth for pure, instinctive inventiveness.” Nick Cave
Latest posts by Aaron Pruner (see all)
- SDCC: An Intimate Sunset Cruise With the Cast of History’s ‘Vikings’ - July 15, 2015
- ‘American Horror Story: Freak Show’ Episode 5 Review: “Pink Cupcakes” - November 6, 2014
- Marvel Comics, The Future Of Robotics & More: A Chat With The Cast & Crew of ‘Big Hero 6’ - November 5, 2014
- Disney Producer Kristina Reed Serves Up The Goods On New Animated Short “Feast” - November 4, 2014
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 Review: “Slabtown” - November 3, 2014