This is not a drill.
Hot off the grill, THR reports that everyone’s favorite wacky intense guy, Nicolas Cage, is teaming up with director Larry Charles for a film about a regular guy who thought he could (and tried several times to) find Osama bin Laden. He was so confident, in fact, that he tried sneaking into Pakistan and Afghanistan on several occasions.
Did I also mention this really happened?
Loosely based on a GQ article by Chris Heath, Army of One will tell the tale of Gary Faulkner (above) — a construction worker from Colorado with a patriotic streak a mile wide — who decided he would be the one to find bin Laden.
Just to give you some more background on the man known as the “Rocky Mountain Rambo,” check out his appearance on David Letterman from back in 2010:
Now imagine Cage playing this guy, and try to tell me that you don’t smell an Oscar!
The film itself seems like it’s in good hands; Larry Charles was a staff writer on “Seinfeld” for five seasons and directed all three of Sacha Baron Cohen’s films (Borat, Bruno, The Dictator), and with The Weinstein Company swooping in and grabbing US distribution rights for their new company, TWC-Dimension, everything looks great for the film to start shooting at the end of March.
And let’s face it, how many of us imagined Cage searching for bin Laden? If you said, “Not me,” I’ll tell you to stop fibbing. It’ll be nice to see Cage back on the big screen with what will be a fun yet farcical film.
Army of One is looking to be in theaters by year’s end; when it does, will you go see it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015