Chances are that if you’re a big Nintendo fan, whether or not you own a Wii U, then you’re really looking forward to the release of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U next month. We’ve already gotten our first taste of Smash goodness with the release of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (be sure to check out our full review), but while the first handheld version of the game is an impressive entry in the series by itself, it’s hard not to anticipate the newest console version even more.
To that end, Nintendo broadcast a special video today that details over 50 new facts about the home console version of the game, arriving in stores and on the Nintendo eShop on November 21st. Just a taste of some of the facts: for the first time in the series, more than four players can play on the same screen at the same time (the final number might surprise you), it’ll be rendered in full 1080p resolution, and there will be even more fighters than the already stacked roster on the 3DS version of the game. There are also a few new features that will come to the 3DS version that are addressed in the video.
Watch the full 35-minute presentation below:
Looks pretty awesome! Be sure to come back to GeekNation in late November for our full review of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and keep your eye here for any new updates related to Nintendo’s premiere fighting franchise!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015