A release window for the long awaited No Man’s Sky was finally announced at Sony’s Paris Games Week Press Conference. In June 2016 gamers will finally be able to pilot there own ships and discover countless worlds in the expansive gaming universe. Developer Hello Games has been especially coy about officially announcing a release window, let alone a release date since the game’s original announcement in December of 2013. Since then anticipation has been building and players have been captivated by the games premise.
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy. It features:
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE: If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE: Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER: You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY: Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- A SHARED UNIVERSE: Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
- 65DAYSOFSTATIC SOUNDTRACK: Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man’s Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.
Along with the release window for the game, Hello Games also released a new trailer titled “I’ve Seen Things.” The trailer is narrated and may provide our first taste of what the overarching story of the game will be. You can watch the trailer below.
No Man’s Sky is currently slated to release on the PS4 and PC in June 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Mark Turcotte (see all)
- ‘Fallout 4′ Review in Progress - November 9, 2015
- Our ‘Fallout 4′ Coverage Goes Live Monday - November 6, 2015
- The ‘Fallout 4′ Launch Trailer is Here! - November 5, 2015
- REVIEW: ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - November 2, 2015
- Sony Exclusive ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’ Gameplay Walkthrough Video - October 28, 2015