I’ll be honest right away, I was not a huge fan of Now You See Me. As excited as I was to see the movie originally too, I ended up leaving the theatre thinking of it more as a film that acted smarter than it actually was. However, with all of that being said, I am actually looking forward to the film’s sequel surprisingly. The additions of both Lizzy Caplan and Daniel Radcliffe to the cast give me hope that it might improve on some of its predecessor’s weaknesses, and possibly live up to its incredible cast’s potential.
With the movie set to come out next summer as well, the first official teaser for the film has been released, and unlike with his most iconic role, it looks like Radcliffe’s character this time around may have never gotten his Hogwarts letter.
Check it out below:
Here’s the film’s official synopsis:
“One year after outwitting the FBI and winning the public’s adulation with their mind-bending spectacles, the Four Horsemen resurface in NOW YOU SEE ME 2 only to find themselves face to face with a new enemy who enlists them to pull off their most dangerous heist yet.”
It looks like the sequel has a slightly more comedic edge to it than the original did too, and considering some of the comedic talent already featured in its ensemble, that could actually be a good thing. My biggest problem with the first one was how seriously it took itself at times, so bringing some more self-referential humor and comedy could help to bring more life to the film’s ridiculous adventures and overall sequence of events.
Along with the returning horsemen from the first film too, Michael Caine is set to reprise his role in the sequel as well, with Radcliffe playing his character’s son. What his overall role in the story will be is still unknown, but it doesn’t look like he’ll be a main member of the team anytime soon. That is, until he starts working on his card tricks a little more.
Now You See Me 2 is set to hit theatres on June 10th, 2016.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016