According to Deadline, Stone and his producing partner Moritz Borman will be using two books as their source material: “Time Of The Octopus” (written by Snowden’s Russian lawyer Anatoly Kucherena), about an “American whistle blower who heads to Russia and the back and forth between the leaker and his lawyer as he waits while that country considers his request for asylum,” and “The Snowden Files: The Inside Story Of The World’s Most Wanted Man” by Luke Harding (a journalist from The Guardian).
Could be an interesting year for Gordon-Levitt, who always seems to be one step closer to an Oscar nomination/win with every role he plays. He just completed filming on The Walk (formerly known as To Walk The Clouds) about World Trade Center tightrope walker Philippe Petit and is now with Seth Rogen shooting Xmas, a comedy about childhood friends who meet up in NYC on Christmas Eve.
But before you get too excited, JGL has not been confirmed in the role, but judging from the above pic of Snowden without his glasses, I think JGL could totally pull it off – and as Stone wants to start shooting in Munich this December, we’ll know sooner than later exactly who will ultimately take on the role.
Is JGL the right man for the job? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015