Before Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot hits the big screen in July, the original 1984 film on which its based will be blasting back into theaters. As a lead-in for the new film, Fathom Events will be screening the original on over 750 screens nationwide, according to Variety.
Starring Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, the late Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson, the Ivan Reitman-directed Ghostbusters was a critical and commercial success, finishing as the 2nd highest grossing film of the year behind Beverly Hills Cop. It inspired one sequel, two cartoons, and several video games on its way to becoming a beloved classic. It’s that love which has led to Feig’s film receiving a mostly-nasty response from fans online. Whether it finds success at the box office and/or destroys the childhood of millions of people remains to be seen.
Tickets for the screenings will go on-sale on May 6th via Fathom Events. The event will kick off on June 8th, the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters original release, with repeat showings on June 12th.
Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters, starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, and Chris Hemsworth hits theaters on July 16th.
Make sure to keep checking back for updates – right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Joe Ruggirello (see all)
- Original ‘Ghostbusters’ Headed Back to the Big Screen - April 30, 2016
- John Krasinski Cast as Jack Ryan for Amazon TV - April 30, 2016
- RUMOR CENTRAL: Is James Wan Leaving Aquaman? - April 30, 2016
- Three New Character Posters Released for ‘Ghostbusters’ - April 24, 2016
- ‘Keanu – Kitten Please’ Trailer is Adorably Hilarious - April 23, 2016