Overwatch has found some nice success in its first couple weeks available in the FPS market on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
The brain child of Blizzard’s elite team of designers has reached more than 7 million players since its release, who have logged 119 million hours (according to Blizzard) of playtime. The game is a hit with FPS fans and has kept to its strict no cheating rule by banning over 1,500 cheaters from China alone (IGN) as well.
I picked this title up last week and haven’t put it down since. The artistic design is adventurous and playful. The customization options are fantastic and the game play is nonstop action. Now, the title isn’t without some complaints. The controls are not as intuitive as they should be. Especially for an animation style that seems to invite a simpler but ultra-competitive teen audience.
Pluses and minuses aside Overwatch has hit the ground running and should be celebrated by the folks at Blizzard as a success that is very well deserved. So Nation, what do you think of Overwatch? Have you picked the title up? Or are you waiting for more known FPS titles, such as Battlefield 1or Call of Duty: Infinite War? Sound off below and keep it locked here to GeekNation for all your video game news.
Latest posts by Cory Naught (see all)
- ‘Overwatch’ Officially Logs 7 Million Online Players - June 6, 2016
- Playstation 4 Sales Officially Hit 40 Million - May 27, 2016
- Nintendo Announces NX Console Release Date - April 30, 2016
- ‘Battlefield 5′ Reveal Event Announced - April 30, 2016
- ‘Batman: Arkham HD Collection’ Pre-Order and Release Dates Revealed - April 19, 2016