Writer/director Paul Feig is a man that’s been in showbusiness news a lot lately. Whether it’s for developing the next version of Ghostbusters with Melissa McCarthy and Kate McKinnon, to circling a film version of Play-Doh, he has a lot of irons in the fire, and it may be easy to overlook his new series that’s coming soon.
Premiering soon on Yahoo!, Feig’s newest creation “Other Space” is all about a group of grossly inexperienced space explorers, their A.I., and their robot as they try and traverse a galaxy that’s filled with alien life they can’t possibly understand. See the trailer for it below.
If anything, it’s taking a more toned down approach to the concept of sci-fi comedy, and seems more akin to something like “The Office” than to a work like Spaceballs. Also featuring space comedy veterans Trace Beaulieu and Joel Hodgson from “Mystery Science Theater 3000” fame, the show also features Karan Soni (“Safety Not Guaranteed”) and Milana Vayntrub (“Silicon Valley”) to round out its cast.
The entire eight-episode, half-hour first season will premiere on Yahoo! on April 14th. For more on the show as it happens, keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015