Ah, Encino Man: the 1992 classic about two valley teens digging a hole for a pool, when they find a caveman encased in ice. He gets thawed out, passes off as an Estonian exchange student named “Link,” and they teach him the ways of living in Encino, California.
And now, one of its stars would like a sequel.
Hot on the heels of the “Hey, we know it’s been for-ev-er since our first/last film, but here’s a sequel anyway” movement, Encino Man star Pauly Shore tells Variety that not only are he and his agent “talking about it,” original writer Shawn Schepps has an idea for the sequel’s storyline. Unless the original three return and they incorporate Link’s woman (who was found and thawed out at the end of the first film), I’m not so sure the film will have the same allure. They could all be grown up with families and it’s their kids who cause all the ruckus in the sequel, but its hard to say for sure which direction it would go in.
Admittedly, I loved the first film because of the combination of Pauly Shore, Sean Astin, and then-newcomer Brendan Fraser. Not only did their chemistry work comedically, but it also gave the film a heart when things started to go awry. And yeah, the critics did hate it, but when a film grosses $40 million on a $7 million budget, attention must be paid.
Apparently, Shore agrees. He’s put out the call to his fans over Twitter to ““just Tweet at Brendan and Sean Astin and Disney,” and they’re doing just that!
Is it wrong that I’m really hoping Link’s a lawyer in the sequel?
Oh, and if this sequel happens, someone must “wiez the juice.”
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015