Whether you would have ever thought it or not, next year’s live-action reboot of Power Rangers has assembled a fairly impressive cast for itself, after landing notable players like Elizabeth Banks as the villainous Rita Repulsa, or Bryan Cranston as Zordon, meaning we’re all finally going to get to see Heisenberg’s head floating in a glass cylinder, something we never thought we ever really wanted to see until it was announced.
Now, with the film set to hit theatres early next year, the new reboot has just filled the role of yet another original character from the series, with a casting decision that’s nothing short of genius, probably.
The film’s official Twitter account announced today that Bill Hader would be playing none other than Alpha 5 in the film, Zordon’s cute and quirk robotic companion:
— Power Rangers (@ThePowerRangers) September 22, 2016
Anyone who’s familiar with Hader’s voice and impression work knows that him playing Alpha 5 is pretty perfect, especially after helping to provide the voice and sounds for BB-8 in The Force Awakens last year. For a cast with mostly unknown actors and names as the lead Rangers as well, there’s no denying that the Power Rangers film has done a damn fine job so far of casting a majority of the other roles with solid and consistently good players.
Power Rangers is set to hit theatres on March 24th, 2017.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016