When it comes to 2015′s breakout stars, no other actor or actress quite blasted themselves into the mainstream mind like Mission: Impossible 5 – Rogue Nation‘s Rebecca Ferguson did. With the help of some very skillful writing from writer/director Christopher McQuarrie, Ferguson seemed to perfectly combine the strength and independence so desperately desired in female character nowadays, with the kind of elegance and mystery that someone like Ingrid Bergman or Grace Kelly had back in the good ol’ days.
Ferguson has since been rumored for a number of large roles including Marvel’s Captain Marvel and Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant. However, with The Girl on the Train set for release later this year, it looks like Ferguson has found her next official project.
According to a new report from Variety, Ferguson is reportedly set to star in the new sci-fi film from Skydance called Life. Directed by Daniel Espinosa, the film will follow the crew of the international space station that retrieve a sample from Mars that seems to contain signs of life, only problem is that the specimen turns out to be more intelligent than they had expected. The film is an original idea from a script penned by Zombieland and Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
It seems like Ferguson basically has every project she could want available to her at the moment, and if Life is one of the films she’s ready to follow up Rogue Nation with, then I’m all on board for whatever it might have in store. Espinosa has done little to impress me with his previous directorial efforts, but Wernick and Reese have consistently shown the ability to craft intelligent, solid screenplays, which gives me more hope in the project than I would probably have with just Espinosa attached behind-the-scenes.
The film itself sounds a lot like the same premise as Ridley Scott’s Alien though, and in the hands of writers like Reese and Wernick, that could mean very, very good things.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016