A Gawker journalist named Adrian Chen began an investigation into one of Reddit’s most prolific users, a guy going by the handle Violentacrez, who has set up “hundreds of sub-forums where users post links and images to horrible things including bestiality, rape fantasy, under-age porn and upskirt photos.”
The investigation was a huge embarrassment for owner Condé Nast, publisher of Vanity Fair and Vogue, which bought Reddit in 2006. It also pissed off a lot of people at Reddit when Chen’s article came out “Unmasking Reddit’s Violentacrez, The Biggest Troll on the Web.”
Turns out Violentacrez is actually the 49-year-old employee of a financial services company in Texas. I guess everything IS bigger in Texas…including the Internet trolls.
Kent from Gravityusa.com points out that “We all walk a fine line when it comes to Internet privacy and censorship.”
Reddit is doing its best to clean house and get rid of the sub forums like “creepshots” and others. Also this isn’t the first time Chen has gone after Reddit but it’s hard to fault him for exposing someone as horrible as Violentacrez.
You can read more about this story on The Guardian.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Conan’s ‘Steve Jobs’ Parody is Exactly What You Want it to Be - October 8, 2015
- WWE Superstar Chavo Guerrerro, Jr. Pays Tribute to “Rowdy” Roddy Piper on ‘The Chavo Show’ - August 6, 2015
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Last Christmas” - December 26, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Death in Heaven” - November 9, 2014
- ‘Doctor Who’ Recap: “Dark Water” - November 2, 2014