Few actors have fought for an Academy award as hard as Leonardo DiCaprio has, and few actors have had the Oscar gold slip through their fingers as many times as he has. Now, it looks like Leo is finally on his way to that acceptance speech he’s been working his entire career for though with his current winning streak for Alejandro G. Innaritu’s The Revenant and with every other award for Best Actor under his belt already, either he’s going to win this year, or the conspiracy theorists may not be as crazy as we had thought.
Now, a new retro-style video game called Leo’s Red Carpet Rampage has made its way online though, and it lets you play as Leonardo DiCaprio running down an awards show red carpet for the just-out-of-reach Oscar. Bonus rounds include recreating his iconic Quaalude scene from The Wolf of Wall Street and trying to outrun Eddie Redmayne from The Danish Girl.
Yes, this is just as amazing as it sounds.
You can play the game for yourself here, and check out a small video demo of it below:
With both this and Ryan Reynolds interviewing Hugh Jackman yesterday, the amount of actor and industry parodies running around right now are quickly becoming the highlights of my week. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna try and get a new high score.
The 2016 Academy Awards will air February 29th on ABC.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016