With production halfway complete on Star Wars: Episode VIII, director Rian Johnson has released two new behind-the-scenes images from the highly-anticipated follow up film, similar to the recent Maz Kanata image he released several weeks ago, confirming the character’s return in the film.
Now, to mark the halfway point in production, Johnson has revealed two more new, cryptic images from behind-the-scenes of the film, including a new look at a familiar spaceship, and the back of a possibly familiar helmet as well.
Check out the images below (via Tumblr):
Accompanying the two images as well, was the following caption:
“Good. Bad. I’m the guy with the microfiber sham.”
I can’t believe we’re halfway through the shoot. (We’re halfway through the shoot!)
Right away, the first image is clearly an x-wing fighter, though we’re not exactly sure who the pilot could be… or the droid unit possibly sitting in the back of the ship either… Let us hear your theories down below.
The second image appears to be of what we’re gonna assume is an Imperial gunner, and a microfibre sham guy, just trying to make an honest living in the war-torn galaxy of Star Wars. Though according to Johnson’s comments above, apparently he’ll neither be a hero or a villain. Who knows? Maybe he’s the newest member in the Skywalker lineage. I look forward to the eventual Wikipedia page for him, and the theories of who his parents might be.
Star Wars: Episode VIII is set to hit theatres on December 15th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016