It’s safe to say The Force Awakens isn’t going to have any trouble sleeping tonight; but they are no longer atop the box office.
Ride Along 2 starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart survived a really bad trailer to come in on top of the box office, hauling in an estimated $39.5 million, according to THR. The film cost $40 million to make.
Right behind is Leo Dicaprio’s The Revenant, raking in an estimated four day haul of $35 million. That’s a lot of people watching Leonardo Dicaprio eat raw animal parts and fight with Tom Hardy. No word yet on how many of those people immediately showered and watched a Disney movie afterwards.
Finally rounding out the top three is Star Wars: The Force Awakens with around $32 million. Like they even care at this point; Michael Bay cares about money! His Benghazi flick 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi opened up to an estimated $19 to $20 million. Lone Survivor hit about the same mark when it released on the same day in 2013, but American Sniper crushed that mark a year ago; nailing $107.2 million.
Norm of the North finishes us off with an estimated $8.8 million for the four days. Apparently the film only received a B- CinemaScore; which is like an F+ in real life.
What are you seeing this long weekend movie goers? Maybe you should check out Star Wars: The Force Awakens again; Disney might need the cash. Stay tuned to GeekNation for more tales of movies making sweet money!
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2′ Is Here - February 7, 2016