This is one of those stories where the more you think about it, the more out of the blue it seems and the less sense it makes.
During the San Diego Comic-Con panel for Bates Motel today, it was announced that the upcoming fifth season of the show would also be its last, one of a few shows at the convention this year to announce their final seasons. However, here’s where things get really, really interesting alright?
It was also announced that the new season will be introducing Marion Crane, the famous role played by Janet Leigh in Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, and she’ll be played by Rihanna in the new season, something that I don’t think any fans could have seen coming, especially considering no one even knew that Marion was coming in the new season until this announcement.
This will be Rihanna’s largest scripted acting role in her career so far as well, which is putting it a little lightly considering she’s taking over one of the most iconic roles in film history with this move, though she has been very open about her love of the A&E series.
Honestly, after Vera Farmiga’s exit at the end of the season four finale, I’m looking forward to seeing how the showrunners are planning on bringing this one to an end, and if we’ll see any other characters from Psycho introduced, or if it’ll come to an end before Norman eventually kills Marion in her shower. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016