Well, looks like spinoff season’s officially begun, but a spinoff from a character with a TWO-episode arc is pretty rare…
Unless your name is Rob Riggle.
Deadline reports that ABC and 20th Century Fox TV are in the early stages of making the first spinoff to the multiple award-winning comedy “Modern Family” centered around the loud and abrasive Gil Thorpe (Rob Riggle), Southern California’s most successful real estate agent with a fairly annoying naming habit, rival of Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell) and one-time boss to Phil’s wife, Claire (Julie Bowen).
Check out SNL-alum and comedic genius Rob Riggle in action as number one real estate agent/number one a-hole Gil Thorpe as he busts ALL of Phil Dunphy’s olives…oh, and find out what Gil Pickles are.
I’m not quite sold on this one yet but if “Modern Family’s” exec producers Paul Corrigan and Brad Walsh have their way, it’ll happen (though the concept is still in the early stages). Had enough of spin-offs yet? This may only be the beginning.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015