HTC has just spent $1 billion for Iron Man.
If you’re worried about what’ll happen to Robert Downey, Jr. after he retires from acting, I wouldn’t be; not only does he have what I would call a “buttload” of money, cell phone company HTC has signed RDJ to a two-year contract that includes him starring in TV spots, radio, and other media while working with HTC’s ad agency throughout.
Variety reports that HTC spent upwards of $1 billion on its ENTIRE sales and marketing budget last year, so this $1 billion RDJ campaign is their “largest single campaign to date” as they wanna run with the big boys (Apple, Samsung) for a piece of that smartphone profit pie.
Much like the underpants gnomes did in “South Park,” HTC will roll out their campaign in three phases: branding, features, and how this phone will help make your every day routine feel a little less like routine.
HTC chief marketing officer Ben Ho said, “HTC’s innovation, authenticity, and boldness have made us the change-makers in the mobile industry and led us to launch what influencers regard as the best phone in the world, the HTC One. Our original and playful change platform is different to anything else out there and aligns our brand with the same qualities our phones are already known for.”
The first ad rolls out this Wednesday but luckily for you, they’ve posted it online…wanna see what $1 billion buys you?
I’ll never give up my iPhone but I gotta say, RDJ is the right man for the job…I look forward to seeing how the rest of the campaign plays out!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015