There’s been a lot going on behind-the-scenes of Rogue One – A Star Wars Story, whether it be the rumored creative differences with director Gareth Edwards and the reports of Tony Gilroy stepping in for the film’s reshoots. At this point, it’s hard to separate the fact from fiction, but it’s clear there’s a lot more uncertainty from the fans going into Rogue One than there was with The Force Awakens last year, for better or for worse.
However, with just a few more months to go until the film’s mid-December release, a major creative change has been made that could change the tone of Rogue One by the time its released.
THR is reporting that composer Alexandre Desplat, who was announced to be scoring Rogue One quite a while ago, will in fact, no longer be composing the music for the film after all, with Disney favorite Michael Giacchino being brought in to score the film instead. According to the report, the film’s reshoots pushed the scoring schedule back, creating a scheduling conflict for Desplat, which is apparently the only reason for the change.
Luckily, this isn’t a change that fans really need to worry about, with Giacchino having already cemented his place as one of the best and most notable composers of his time, and with his long-running relationship with Disney studios, this doesn’t seem like much to fret over.
For what it’s worth too, many fans had assumed that Giacchino was the studio’s second choice to score the new Star Wars main trilogy as well, in case John Williams wasn’t interested or able to return for The Force Awakens, due to his longtime collaboration with both Disney and director J.J. Abrams. So, it looks like he’ll be dipping his toes into the Star Wars universe after all, though admittedly not how many fans had expected.
Rogue One – A Star Wars Story is set to hit theatres on December 16th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016