Out of the many, many rumored reasons for Rogue One reshoots, one of the most popular seemed to be that they were working in a cameo for Alden Ehrenreich’s young Han Solo in the film, an appearance that had been theorized about for months and many thought would happen due to the timing of the reshoots and the official confirmation of Ehrenreich in the role. Considering the film’s use of Darth Vader, it was clear at the very least that the creative team isn’t afraid of sneaking in Original Trilogy characters.
However, it looks like one character that fans can not expect to see in the film is Han Solo after all, if director Gareth Edwards’ most recent comments are to be believed, that is.
While speaking with Extra recently, the filmmaker revealed that Ehrenreich will not be appearing in the film as the iconic smuggler:
“I’m not sure I’m allowed to do this but I think I should. I can put to bed, Han Solo is not in the movie.”
So there you have it – we guess Han Solo won’t be appearing as a cameo in Rogue One, though I doubt that’ll still stop some theorists out there from wondering nonetheless.
It certainly wouldn’t be the first time that a filmmaker has stretched the truth when talking about their upcoming franchise films, but the way that Edwards seemed to do with confidence and his hesitance to even squash the rumor at first, makes it seem like this one might actually be laid to rest, for real. If so, then it looks like we’ll actually have to wait until 2018 before we see Ehrenreich’s take on the character on the big screen for the first time. Luckily, Rogue One won’t be lacking on any OT characters either.
Rogue One is set to hit theatres on December 16th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016