As far as Star Wars casting goes, this is a pretty big deal.
Reportedly, Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o (12 Years A Slave) met with director J.J. Abrams before the Oscars to possibly take on the female lead in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, and now that she’s won that Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, it seems like this could ACTUALLY happen.
The question, however, is who’ll she’ll play. Word is that she could play a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi which – according to THR – “has been described as a non-Caucasian role” and a separate casting search from the two “twenty-something-aged” lead roles.
While Abrams continues his search, I’ll wager that Mr. Star Wars himself, George Lucas, would approve of this casting as Nyong’o is not only EXTREMELY talented, but she also bears a striking resemblance to his ridiculously good looking wife, Mellody (above).
The other rumor is that Nyong’o could possibly play a Sith Lord alongside (or maybe even outranking) Adam Driver, and if that’s the case, that would be spectacular. She rocks the hell out of anything, especially in red.
So…do you think this casting will happen and if so, who would you rather see her play: Jedi or Sith?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015