Ever since fans got their very first look at this December’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens, they’ve been clamoring for even more. We got to see a lot, including many major members of the new cast, as well as the iconic Millenium Falcon itself, but as a teaser trailer it did exactly what it was supposed to do: tease us. Now, with rumors persisting about the latest Force Awakens trailer debuting next week at the Star Wars Celebration in Los Angeles, a new source has popped up with alleged details on what the newest look at the forthcoming film will contain.
Making Star Wars — who correctly broke down the first teaser trailer shot-for-shot before it was released last November — claim that they’ve learned several things about the upcoming trailer that will be shown at the massive Star Wars event next week. They also claim that a new poster for the film will be released, but of course, the biggest news comes from the supposed trailer details. They say,
- The teaser’s run time will be just under two minutes.
- Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2-D2 and C-3PO will appear in some form.
- The Planet Yavin, site of the battle of the first Death Star in Episode IV, will appear in the teaser.
- John Boyega’s character Finn appears with a blue lightsaber in hand.
- There is a very brief shot of Captain Phasma (played by Gwendoline Christie) in chrome Stormtrooper armor.
- Kylo Ren, the character with the red lightsaber in the first teaser, is seen with a helmeted face.
- Poe Dameron, played by Oscar Isaac, will shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at a base.
- Rey (played by Daisy Ridley) is in a few shots.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, R2-D2, C-3PO, and a CGI character (possibly played by Lupita Nyong’o).
- BB-8, the fast-moving ball droid from the first teaser, is seen socketed in the back of an X-wing fighter.
- Kylo Ren’s Imperial shuttle flies by with TIE Fighter escorts to a Star Destroyer.
- At least one Star Destroyer, perhaps more.
- The Millenium Falcon will appear again.
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader’s helmet is in the trailer, sitting on a podium.
- Andy Serkis’ character does not appear.
- Nor does Luke Skywalker.
It certainly sounds as if we’ll have a more substantial look at certain elements of the film, but — just like the last teaser — it will likely only leave fans clamoring for much more. Still, it’s pretty surreal to think that the arrival of the first new Star Wars film in ten years will be hitting theaters in just over eight months’ time, and that it will introduce us to whole new characters, while also reintroducing us to old favorites that many of us never thought we’d see again. The promise of that alone makes the wait very painful.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be hitting theaters on December 18th, 2015. For more on the film as it continues to take shape, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015