Earlier this year, I told you how Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart were in talks to co-star in The Black Phantom, an “outrageously inappropriate comedy” about a double-crossed mob hitman (Hart) who comes to The Black Phantom – the hitman who was hired to kill him in the first place – for help.
The film was a go with Foxx and Hart in place along with Tim Story (Ride Along) directing, but then Foxx had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts, leaving a slight hole in the film’s production.
Enter Samuel L. Jackson, BAMF Ph.D
Deadline is now reporting that Mr. Jackson is in talks to fill the hole left by Foxx, which I am thrilled about because although I do love the family-friendly Nick Fury, it’s Jackson’s F-bomb dropping, “I may just kill you in your sleep” roles I adore. I’m guessing as soon as Jackson is locked in, production will get underway fairly quickly, as he’ll be reuniting with longtime pal Quentin Tarantino for his film The Hateful Eight early in 2015 – a role that may just earn him another Oscar nomination.
What do you think? You ready for some more yelling and cursing, Sam Jackson style? I know I am!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015