We normally don’t write much about trailers here on GeekNation. We have a whole section of the site dedicated to posting the newest ones, but most of the time they sort of speak for themselves and don’t necessarily deserve a write-up.
But I want to specifically call your attention to the newly-released trailer for Ex Machina, a new sci-fi film from writer/director Alex Garland. Garland wrote the screenplays for Dredd, 28 Days Later, Sunshine, and the woefully underseen Never Let Me Go, as well as the novel “The Beach,” which was turned into a film starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Garland is making his directorial debut with Ex Machina, a movie starring a terrific cast of three up-and-coming stars, and I think sci-fi fans will find this really intriguing. Check it out:
I know Avengers: Age of Ultron and Star Wars: Episode VII are coming out next year, and by default those will likely be the most anticipated films of the year for most of the people who read this site. But based on this trailer and the talent associated with this film, Ex Machina looks like it could be a serious contender for one of my favorite films of 2015. It looks like exactly the kind of sci-fi I like to see, and I’d love to hear what you think about it in the comments below. Mark your calendars: this one opens on April 10th, 2015.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014