Ah, the perfect pair of heels.
The search (and claims of such) have gone on since time began – okay, so not THAT far back…we’ll say since the invention of the modern stiletto (1930s). Heels make your calves look amazing as well as that extra 3 to 8 inches of height BUUUUUT also make your feet hurt like a mofo after a couple hours of standing/walking/dancing/chasing your kids around in them, am I right?
Enter Dolly Singh.
This founder and CEO of Thesis Couture spent five years as an executive with SpaceX, where walking around in said high heels was not a fun, comfortable experience. So in that vein, she and a team — that includes an orthopedic surgeon, a fashion scientist AND an astronaut — have come together to create a heel made from high-quality plastic and polymer that will redistribute pressure, making them “the world’s first high-performance stilettos.”
Check it out!
Now before you get TOO excited, all this science comes with a price. These shoes will run around $925 a pair, but I’m guessing that they’ll last a lifetime! With the tagline “Style without sacrifice,” AND the fact that we can design our own, I’m even tempted to save up for a pair!
What do you think?
(Thanks for the heads-up, Elite Daily!)
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015